Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bucket Lists

sorry about the quality
Most people have a "bucket list". You know what it is. It's pretty cliche. I call it " The list of things I want to do before I take the big dirt nap." I will have to post that list someday. Not today.

I do have a bucket list. Mine is not like others, though. Mine is more like a "list of buckets". I have a bucket for the car washing stuff, one for the tools I need to put away, one with John Deere parts, a couple with toys, etc. I even have an empty bucket I use for cleaning the gutters, but it mostly gets used as a seat or step stool or as a stand to set other buckets on. So, I have decided to do something about the buckets and the all around mess I call my garage.

Until about four hours ago, we could not park more than one car in our three car garage. I don't mind parking in the driveway, except for one thing. There is a maple tree and a walnut tree that hang over the driveway and make a mess of everything. I also found a work bench under an enormous pile of stuff. Now, I can work on the work bench. I put a bunch of stuff out by the road and within an hour someone else was happy with the crap that was driving me bonkers. Good deal.

Again, sorry about the quality
One of the things on my list "otiwdbitadn" is to restore the John Deere 110 that Mrs. Mike's grandpa left me. It is a 1969 model. I told Grandma I would get it done before she dies. I don't see her dying soon, but, I do want to get it done for her. It is uncovered and started. Here we go.

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Mike! A clean garage makes you feel so much better about tackeling that "Honey do list" doesn't it? Ooooo that John Deere will look mighty fine when you are done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia- Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete