Sunday, September 19, 2010

A weekend of the best kind

Yesterday, I had the most fun I've ever had golfing. It was my church's 17th annual golf outing. Church outings may not seem like much fun but this was different. I golfed with Union Man Dad and Mini Mike. This was the first time the three of us have golfed together. Three generations. Pretty cool. Mini Mike even won the "closest to the pin" hole. He was so happy and proud. Union Man Dad and I just beamed with pride, as well. So very cool. I hope to have some pics soon. We had some great fellowship afterwards at the church. We grilled some steaks, had a couple of beverages, and swapped some stories. Good time.

This was four years ago in the back yard. Union Man Dad gave Mini Mike his first set of clubs
Today, I woke Mrs. Mike up and she took off on a little run. I went out to shoot some arrows while Mini Mike rode his dirt bike. He broke his chain and I couldn't hit a buffalo at ten feet. So we went in to watch hunting shows and football. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Mrs. Mike's little run was her 20 miler. I promised her some Cracker Barrel when she got back. She kicked ass. She may not be fast, but she just plugs away and never gives up.  Cracker Barrel is always good. After we got back, we all settled on the couch for some lazy time. I rubbed her feet and knees and life just continues to be good. So lucky, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment