Thursday, January 26, 2012

WTF! That was along smoke break!

   Well.  I set out to do this blog thing as a form of therapy for myself.  It turned out to be a task.  Not a big task,  just one I wasn't dedicated to.  I never made time to sit and write. I was always "too busy".  That,  my friends,  is a bunch of bulls#!t.  I thought I was busy.  The reality is,  I am a fat lazy turd.  I would rather sit in front of the idiot box and bark at it like a dog instead of getting up and walking the twenty-eight feet to get the laptop out of the "computer room" and write my thoughts down. 
   So I sit here,  almost a year and a half later,  trying to continue what I started.  Lots of schtuff has happened since the last post.  Too much to try and catch up on in one or even one-hundred posts.  I'll try to let you know a couple things.  Mrs. Mike did run the 2010 Chicago Marathon.  She finished too!  She was not happy at all with her time.  I don't care. She finished a marathon while my biggest accomplishment that year was finding a big and tall store that actually carried my jean size.  The 2010 deer hunting season was a successful one for me. I harvested (killed) three deer. Two does with my bow and a nice old buck with my shotgun.  We didn't have to buy red meat for almost a year.  This past season was not a success as far as the harvest,  but,  I got to take Mini Mike out with me for the first time.  It was a total Dad/Son moment. Made me cry.  Mini Mike also played his first season of organized football and realized he loves it.  Now,  this season I'm coaching.  I won't lie,  I'm excited.  Mini Mike has also started Karate and is pretty good at that too.  I am working my a$$ off to pay for it all.  It's worth it,  for sure.  We got rid of the old pop-up and bought a 24' travel trailer.  Yep,  just like The Jeffersons.  Mrs. Mike is training for a local half marathon and I'm on a weight loss kick myself.
   So,  there you have it.  That's just a little touch of our live for now.  Hopefully, I can stay motivated to write some of my everyday BS down because it's funny and it really does help my brain heal when I tell other people about it.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment